Thursday, March 3, 2011

Lipgloss Lover (for less of course)


I LOVE lip gloss. I don't wear a lot of makeup (I am TERRIBLE with the application process) so I try to keep my skin looking good and I invest my beauty time in mascara and LIPGLOSS. In the past, I usually stuck to high end makeup. Trish McEvoy, Bobbi Brown and Laura Mercier were my top choices. Their lip glosses run around $25 or so. The problem? I like to have one EVERYWHERE...in my purse, in my car, in my other purse, in my husband's car, in my jacket pocket...you get the idea. Well, that's expensive folks!

So....one day while browsing at CVS pharmacy, I happened upon the Wet n Wild makeup. Lipgloss $1.99. SURELY, there is a good color here for $1.99! I bought a few to try out. I liked Candy Apple (569A). I started to wear it. I kid you not, I have had SO many people ask me
"who makes that lip gloss you are wearing?"
"what color is your lip gloss?"
"that lip gloss looks really good on you"
I'm not kidding. I mean, I have specific memories of this because it happened so frequently. Really random people, like the girl that takes your bra fitting appointment at Intimacy in Phipps Plaza (Atlanta). I thought it was really strange. Why? because NO ONE EVER commented on any other lip gloss I had worn. Ever.

So....I must share. Buy some and let me know if you have the same experience! I mean, its $1.99 people. TWO BUCKS!! Here is the Candy Apple treat that I have been wearing for 3 years....



My high end lipgloss love is Trish McEvoy Beauty Booster in Brighten Pink. It isn't sticky, the color is sheer and slightly pink for a pretty pout. It kind of tastes like mint. I like that. It's $25.



I ALSO found this at CVS just yesterday (below). It is new from WetnWild. It is called Speed gloss energizing lip shine, the color is Untamed (945). It is virtually the same color as the Trish Brighten pink pictured above. It ALSO tastes kinda minty. It's $3.99. SOLD.


I bought this color- Cotton Candy (565c) and haven't tried it yet. I think it might be good. You get one too and tell me if you like it compared to the others.





THE FYI:
-You can buy WetnWild Candy Apple lipgloss ( 569a) or Cotton Candy (565c) at CVS Pharmacy for $1.99 or WetnWild Speed gloss in Untamed (945) for $3.99.
-Some lipgloss is super sticky and I HATE that. These are not.
-It's cheap so you aren't bummed if you lose it, or you forget it somewhere. Besides, at $1.99 or $3.99, you probably have one in your other jacket, purse or car. It's genius =)
-Indulge the make up lady at a department store and see what colors she puts on you. If you like what you see, have her write them down for you. Use it as a template to find some similar drug store colors that look similar.
-Find an inexpensive drug store brand, invest $20 or less in some different colors that you think might look good on you and I bet you'll end up with 1 or 2 colors that you love and can continue to buy in the future.
-It's all about the color people, NOT the brand. What looks good on YOU.
-If you want to try the pricier lip gloss I love- Trish McEvoy, Brighten Pink, $25- you can buy it here:
http://www.saksfifthavenue.com/main/ProductDetail.jsp?PRODUCT%3C%3Eprd_id=845524446185904&FOLDER%3C%3Efolder_id=282574491979139&ASSORTMENT%3C%3East_id=1408474399545537&bmUID=iVU6Wze&ev19=1:21


No comments:

Post a Comment